Thursday, September 13, 2007

Well, it WAS a good idea...

So much for using our old laptop for school... I wiped the hard drive on the six year old laptop I got as a graduation gift and put all of Jamieson's school programs on it. We just bought some new software at the store and came home to install it and this is what I found:

Two perfect circles of damaged crystals - my guess is that one of the kids had been enjoying the pretty colors that happen if you press on an LCD and they pressed too hard... twice. So. I've taken the thing apart and I found a new panel on eBay for $36 after shipping but have yet to compare the model numbers to make sure that it really is the correct one.

Oh well, it was nice while it lasted - at least it gives me a good excuse to tear a computer apart (I love it, really).
Posted by Picasa

No comments: